Mamas Afternoon Out With Mom It Forward
Add a Little Extraordinary to Your Life
As a mom, do you ever feel like you are pulled in a million directions? Struggle to balance the many roles you play? Wish you had a parent's guidebook tailored to each of your children's needs and personalities? Want to give back and make a difference, but don't feel like you have the time or ways to do it?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you are not alone! As women and mothers, we are all walking on, what sometimes feels like an unsteady tight rope, trying to find that perfect balance and reach our many expectations.
The good news? The tasks we perform—you know, the ones we feel are merely ordinary—are more times than not, extraordinary. Or, with a little help and inspiration, can be!
What's on the Lineup?
Click here to RSVP and join Mom It Forward, other Salt Lake City moms, and these speakers Thursday, March 12 at The Melting Pot for savory bites, motivating bits of information, bunches of inspiration, bounteous networking opportunities, and incredible prizes to help you put the extraordinary in, what sometimes feels like, just an ordinary life:
- Changing the World One Mom at a Time: The Mom It Forward Mission—Carissa Rogers, mom of 3, owner of Apricot a Lot, and co-founder of Mom It Forward; Jyl Johnson Pattee, mom of 2 and co-founder of Mom It Forward
- The Balancing Act of Motherhood: Setting Realistic Expectations—Rachael Herrscher, mom of 3, author of the Utah Mama's Handbook, and CEO of Today's Mama
- Raising Happy and Successful Children: Taking It Up a Notch by Taking It Down a Notch—Muffy Mead Ferro, mom of 2, author of the best-seller Confessions of a Slacker Mom and Confessions of a Slacker Wife, which have been featured on Oprah, The Today Show, and in The New York Times, USA Today, and the Washington Post, and on NPR's Talk of the Nation in addition to other media outlets. She has recently finished a third book, One Foot in Wyoming, and writes a monthly column for the website Today's Mama.
- The Difference One Mom Can Make: Empowering Women in Kenya—Rainee Baldwin, mom of 2, production manager at US Synthetic, and volunteer extraordinaire at The Pope Foundation
What's In It for Me?
- A delicious lunch from The Melting Pot
- Networking with other amazing moms
- Motivational content from our guest speakers
- The chance to win one of many prizes
Be sure to share this with your friends! Also, if you own a business and would like to sponsor a table, please contact us at momitforward [at] gmail [dot] com.