Meal Plan: Circle-Shaped Foods in Celebration of Pi Day
Did you know that March 14 is Pi Day? Pi Day is a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (or 3/14 in month/day date format), since the numbers 3, 1, and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. In celebration of Pi Day, we're sharing a meal plan that is full of circular-themed foods!
Theme: Circle-Shaped Foods in Celebration of Pi Day
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, March 12 — Sunday, March 18
- Dinner Recipe: Indian-Spiced Tomato Lentil Soup with Basil Yogurt Drizzle from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite part of the day?
- Dinner Recipe: Tortellini Pasta Salad by Flavia's Flavors
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is/was your favorite subject in school?
Wednesday (Pi Day):
- Dinner Recipe: Shrimp, Pesto, and Mushroom Pizza from How To: Simplify
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you love most about math?
- Dinner Recipe: Pea, Edamame and Mint Soup from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: Who is your best friend and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Rustic Mushroom Tart from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you hope to do this weekend?
- Dinner Recipe: Hearty Beef and Bean Chili from Merry Gourmet
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite food and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken and Dumplings from The Lovely Pantry
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite part of this past week?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.