Resolutions: Apps to Keep Your Lifelong Learning Goals
How many of us get so caught up in the busy-ness of our daily lives that we don't make time for learning? After all, and if you're anything like me and my husband, you're relearning tons of stuff every time you help your kids with their homework anyway. How much more learning do you need? LOL!
But lifelong learning helps us live a well balanced life. It also keeps our mind sharp, can contribute to our happiness, improves our ability to relate well to others, and can help us foster curiosity.
In this post, part three in a five-part series of posts, focusing on New Years resolutions that help you lead a balanced lifestyle, we share many ways to sharpen your mind. The first two posts in the series discussed health—the first focused on health and physical wellness and last week's post addressed the topic of improving your social/emotional well being. Posts four and five will center around ways to help you nourish your soul and how to handle setbacks as well as how to set up an accountability system.
Resolutions Apps to Help You Nourish Your Mind
Here are some possible New Years resolutions you could consider making to nourish your mind and further your education and learning. Next to each proposed resolution are a variety of apps that will help you perform tasks associated with your goal and some that will even help you track your progress:
- Read more. (Good Reads, Books—23,469 Classics to Go, Kindle)
- Learn a new skill or gain more information. (TED, Khan Academy, Podcasts)
- Listen to a wider variety of music. (Pandora, Spotify, IHeartRadio)
- Learn a new language. (Rosetta COURSe, LivingLanguage—Spanish for iPad)
- Read a tutorial or watch a how-to video to learn or make something new. (Snapguide, Lowes Creative Magazine, Family Fun Magazine, Pinterest)
- Play games to stretch your mind. (Sudoku, Scrabble)
This is the first in a series of New Year's Resolutions. You can read the rest of the series here:
- Diet and Exercise: Apps to Keep Your Physical Fitness Resolutions
- Resolutions: Apps to Keep Your Personal Wellness Goals
- You Made Your Resolutions, Are You Keeping Them?
What New Years resolutions have you set for 2013? How do you plan to track them and keep them?