Saving Money: Kick Off the Summer by Saving a Few Bucks
With gas prices back on the rise, families are going to start looking for ways to save more money as the summer kicks off. Saving money doesn't need to be painful, you just need some fun ideas to get you started.
Kick Off the Summer by Saving a Few Bucks
Here are a few ideas to help families save money AND have fun all summer long (yes, you can do both).
- Family Bowling Day- Thanks to a great summer program called Kids Bowl Free- kids all across America can participate in free bowling all summer long at more than 1,200 participating centers. Check out www.kidsbowlfree.com to find a center near you.
- Download Priceblink - Families are going to have to spend money at some point, but Priceblink is a FREE tool that can help you find the best deal on everything from beach toys to movie tickets. Here's a link to show you how it works: http://www.youtube.com/
- Go camping…in your own backyard. There’s no better time to sleep under the stars- and no better place than in your own backyard (especially if you have to go to the bathroom!). Bring marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers for extra fun under the stars.
- Neighborhood Potluck- This is a great way to have your neighbors over without spending fortune for all the food. Everyone makes their own dish to enter for the Best Dish of the day. For added fun- if each person emails their recipe to the judge- the judge can make a digital recipe book (and add photos from the actual day).
- Spend those gift cards! The average American household has an average of $300 in gift cards sitting around. Use them- it’s like free money!
I hope you'll be able to use these tips to help your family save money AND have fun this summer.
What inexpensive family activities are you doing this summer?
Picture courtesy of Flickr
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Fall Traditions: Carving Pumpkins and Decorating Cookies - September 20, 2023
- Seasonal Crafts: Fall Decorating Ideas - August 25, 2023
- Meal Plan: Cooking with Chicken - July 15, 2023