Strengthening Relationships Through PhotoTherapy
People can interact with photos in many ways everyday to strengthen their relationships with others. Some PhotoTherapy tips include:
- Create A Picture Perfect Environment: Decorate your space with photos of friends, family, loved ones and places you enjoy. Be sure to select photos that contain strong positive memories. Every photo has feelings and memories just underneath its surface; choosing the right one enables you to revisit those moments all over again -- and feel the same good feelings!
- Share Your World: The people you miss, miss you too. Let the important people in your life know how you’re doing by sharing not just the special moments but the ordinary moments too. Sharing the “small stuff” can have a BIG impact on your relationships.
- Interview Your Photo: Unlock the magic of your photo. Find the happiest picture in your collection and imagine a conversation with it. What positive message would it want you to know? How would it like you to feel? What would it want you to remember?
- Try A Photo Pick Me Up: Beat your blues! Find your most positive photo and carry it with you. Looking at a photo of happier times puts you right back there again, feeling that same way, right now!
- Breaking the Ice: Turn your photos into conversation starters. Behind every picture is a great story that wants to be told; it's just waiting for you to ask! Sharing your photos is like sharing your life; when others hear your anecdotes, connections are made that can last a lifetime.
The following two tabs change content below.
An active part of the Mom It Forward team, Jyl primarily writes about parenting, social good, and all things travel related. In a past life, Jyl was an award-winning copywriter and designer of corporate training programs for Fortune 100 companies. Offline, Jyl is married to @TroyPattee; a mom to two teen boys and a beagle named #Hashtag; loves large amounts of cheese, dancing, and traveling; and lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Topping her bucket list is the goal to visit 50 countries by the time she's 50.