Valentine’s Day Recipe: Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes
As you know, Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. There are two things I think about when I think about Valentine’s Day: Strawberries and Champagne. I have always wanted to bake a Strawberry Champagne Cupcake but never really knew how to make it. After a few tries, I finally developed a wonderful recipe. I know you will enjoy it.
Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
- Strawberry boxed cake mix
- Champagne Syrup (recipe follows)
- Strawberry Kissed Buttercream Frosting (recipe follows)
- Follow directions on box. When finished baking allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. While your cupcakes are baking and cooling make your Champagne Syrup.
- Poke multiple holes in each cupcake once cupcakes have cooled completely. Spoon the syrup over each cupcake and allow to soak into the cake. Repeat until desired taste has been reached. I spoon about 2-3 tablespoons over the cupcakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to sit for 15 minutes before frosting.
Champagne Syrup Recipe
- 1 Cup Champagne/Sparkling Wine (you can also use Sparkling Grape Juice to make it non-alcoholic)
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine Champagne and Sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir gently to mix ingredients and continue to heat, stirring constantly. You will want to reduce mixture by half, this does not become a thick syrup so don’t expect that result.
Strawberry Kissed Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 ½ Sticks Butter, softened
- ½ Bag Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 Tbs Milk
- 2 tsp Strawberry Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Add extracts and continue to mix.
- Add in milk one Tablespoon at a time until you get your desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes, add sprinkles if desired.
What are some of your favorite Valentine's Day treats?
Featured images photo courtesy of Flickr.
Brandi is the creator of The Creative Princess. She is a stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls, avid couponer, crafter and a Pinterest addict. You will find awesome tutorials, creative couponing, cooking and crafting on her blog, she also takes you down her crazy journey of life around her small Oklahoma town.
Latest posts by The Creative Princess (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Recipe: Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes - February 12, 2018
- Recipe: Fiesta Chicken Tacos - February 2, 2016
- Holiday Craft: Easy “Mary Did You Know?” Wooden Sign - December 17, 2012