Window Covering Safety Council Giveaway: Win a $250 Gift Card
What type of window coverings do you have throughout your home? How do you ensure that the window coverings in your home are safe for your family? During the month of October, Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are sponsoring the annual October window-cord awareness campaign, known as National Window Covering Safety Month.
Government and industry officials are urging parents and caregivers during October to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords that can pose a strangulation hazard to infants and young children, and to retrofit or replace them with today’s safer products.
To maximize window-cord safety when young children are present, the Window Covering Safety Council encourages parents and caregivers to follow these basic cord-safety precautions:
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows.
- Replace any crib that is 10 years or older to ensure that it meets the latest safety standards.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous-loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
For more information about window-cord safety, visit the Window Covering Safety Council’s website at www.windowcoverings.org. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Tuesday, October 2 and join us as we chat about safety and celebrate National Window Covering Safety Month!
This week's giveaway is all about safety and celebrating National Window Covering Safety Month. One winner will receive a $250 American Express gift card from WCSC (ARV: $250).
For a chance to win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets:
- Follow @CordSafety on Twitter.
- Like the Window Covering's Facebook page.
- Answer the following question in the comment section below: How do you make sure the window coverings in your home are safe?
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward October is National Window Coverings Safety Month! Learn more: http://bit.ly/TBkezz #gno #CordSafety PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter 4 a chance 2 win a $250 Amex Gift Card from @CordSafety http://bit.ly/TBkezz #gno #CordSafety PLS RT
The following are extra entries that are completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed entry.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 3. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020