Craft: How to Make Fabric Wall Art
crafts • decor & DIY • clubs
As an artist, I am always looking for different ways to add and mix up art in my home. This is a super quick craft that will take less than 10 minutes to complete and you will leave you with some useful artwork to hang on the walls.
How to Make Fabric Wall Art
- Hardboard, Foam board, Shoebox Lid, or Canvas—size depends on how large or small you want your art to be
- Fabric—enough to cover the front surface with about a 1/2 inch of overhang
- Hot Glue Gun
First step: Lay you artwork base on your fabric; I am using a shoebox lid here. I measured the square and the sides, plus an extra 1/2 inch of overhang. Now cut!
Get your hot glue gun ready and drop a line of hot glue in a line down the back on one side. Make sure the pattern side is facing down and wrap the fabric up around the edge tightly. Repeat around all sides and tuck the corners down with an extra dab of hot glue.
Voila! You're all done and it's ready to be used. You can mix and match fabrics and sizes. You can hang them on the walls, place on a shelf, and even use as backdrops.
What are some fun ways you are using fabric to decorate your home?
Dee Sisk blogs at http://itsaccordingtodee.blogspot.com
Latest posts by accordingtodee (see all)
- Craft: How to Make Fabric Wall Art - June 28, 2022
- Easter Craft: How to Dress Up Your Easter Baskets - March 28, 2022
- Earth Day Craft: How to Make Recycled Belt Bracelets - April 17, 2019