Craft: How to Make Patriotic Decor with Upcycled Glass Jars
Want a quick and easy—and fairly disposable—way to add some patriotic flair to your decor? Upcycle a few glass jars. Everyone has glass jars around the house. Create some patriotic vases or a cute way to set out silverware for your summer BBQ.
How to Make Patriotic Decor with Recycled Glass Jars
- Glass jars
- Red, white and blue spray paint (yes, you could use acrylic...)
- Painter's tape
- Twine or ribbon
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Spray the outside of a jar with the white paint.
3. Spray the other jars with the blue paint.
Let the jars dry completely.
Take painter's tape and create "stripes" on your white jar. It doesn't need to be perfect. (It's an upcycled jar, so it's already kind of rustic and quirky. Go with it.) Spray red paint over the jar.
Remove the tape when dry. Add some twine or ribbon, then decide how you want to use the jars.
How do you like to decorate for the patriotic holidays?
Vivienne is a wife, mom of 4 boys, a DIYer, and smart-alleck. You can find her on her blog The V Spot where she writes about home projects, crafts, cooking and funny things her kids do. You can also find her on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
Latest posts by Vivienne Wagner (see all)
- Craft: How to Make Patriotic Decor with Upcycled Glass Jars - June 28, 2019
- DIY: How to Recover Plain White Lampshades with Fabric and Paint - May 21, 2019
- DIY: How to Recover Outdoor Furniture With a Glue Gun - April 19, 2019