Gold and Navy Gilded Fall Vase
Fall season is under way which means school, football, and yummy pumpkin treats. For me, fall doesn't just mean the standard hues of oranges and reds that the leaves turn...I think of muted navy blues, golds, and cream. It's fun to incorporate seasonal decor into your home and with the navy and gold color pallet, you can repurpose your decor for more than just fall. Today I'm going to show you how EASY it is to make pretty fall centerpieces in no time at all with this Gold and Navy Gilded Fall Vase.
Supplies for Fall Mason Jar Vase:
- Large mason jar
- Navy blue craft paint
- Gilding adhesive and gold gilding sheets (I prefer Martha Stewart brand)
- Paint brushes
- Real or fake flowers for your vase
How To Make a Gold and Navy Gilded Fall Vase:
It's a pretty simple process!
1. Start by painting your mason jar with the navy blue paint...directly onto the jar and let it dry completely. You may need to add two coats.
2. Once your navy paint is dry, take a small paint brush and using the gilding adhesive paint small polka dots all over the jar. The dots will dry clear, but will remain tacky.
3. Wait for your gilding cream to tack up and then gently take the gold sheets and dab them on top of the gilding cream.
For me, the sheets tended to pull off into chunks, so I just used my fingers to rub it over top of the adhesive and kind of give it a shabby, rough look. I wanted it to look imperfect.
4. Once you've dabbed all your adhesive spots with the gold sheets, I tapped my paintbrush on various spots around the jar and added a bit more of the sheets to, again, give it a weathered unfinished look. I almost wanted the jar to look like it was gold underneath and the navy was painted over top of it.
5. After all my dots and spots were filled up with the gold gilding sheets, I finished up by adding some pretty, gold fake hydrangeas and cream filler flowers.
The whole thing took less than 30 minutes to make and it so pretty and fun. The gold shines so pretty in the sunlight and it's definitely a great centerpiece for my home!
What are you most looking forward to this fall!? I added hydrangea clusters to my vase - what autumn blooms are your favorite?
Latest posts by momitforward (see all)
- Gold and Navy Gilded Fall Vase - September 27, 2022
- Back to School Apple Button Bag - August 9, 2022
- Holiday Dessert: Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes - December 18, 2018