Join March of Dimes to Celebrate Moms Everywhere￼
Every mom deserves access to quality care throughout the pregnancy journey. With its third annual It Starts With Mom Live campaign, March of Dimes is celebrating parental milestones with keynote speaker Kelly Rowland. Celebrity moderators, influencers, and health experts come together to discuss self-care to mom’s firsts.
Having a baby is all about firsts—the first breathing class, first tooth, first diaper change. But, babies aren’t the only ones learning for the very first time.
The milestones of parenthood are not always acknowledged or celebrated to the same extent as those children achieve. March of Dimes can prove that “It Starts With Mom” by celebrating parental milestones—big and small.
Whether you’re a seasoned mom or mom-to-be, we’re with you throughout your pregnancy journey, celebrating parental milestones or giving you tools you need to get the best possible start. Because no matter what today brings, it starts with mom.
Sign up for the free event: “It Starts With Mom Live” https://registration.socio.events/e/itstartswithmom
- Event Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Event Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
- Event Hashtags: #ItStartsWithMom #MarchofDimes #mom2community
WHY DO MOMS NEED MARCH OF DIMES?
- The U.S. remains among the most dangerous developed nations for childbirth, especially for women and babies of color.
- Each year, one woman dies every 12 hours from pregnancy-related causes, and 1 in 10 babies is born too soon.
- Women of color are up to 50 percent more likely to give birth preterm and their children can face a 130 percent higher infant death rate.
- This year alone, more than 360,000 babies will be born preterm.
- A significant racial disparity in maternal death exists with Black women being 3 times more likely to die from pregnancy compared to White women.
Support March of Dimes this Mother’s Day through the “It Starts With Mom Live” Virtual Event.
Register now and attend this free interactive event: https://www.marchofdimes.org/it-starts-with-mom/live-event.aspx
Latest posts by Nikki Abad (see all)