Holiday Craft: How To Make a Lucky Shamrock Decorative Plate
How To Make a Lucky Shamrock Decorative Plate
- Plate or charger
- Spray paint or Plaid Folk Art Paint in your color of choice
- Coordinating scrapbook paper
- Paper and/or Gloss Mod Podge
- Folk Art Extreme Glitter in your choice of color
I cut out the word "LUCKY" four times and arranged the letters around the rim of the plate.
Once I had the letters where I wanted them, I took each letter, one at a time, and brushed the back with Paper Mod Podge* then smoothed them into place. Note: You can use the Gloss Mod Podge for this step if you prefer.
Using the Extreme Glitter paint, I painted a shamrock in the center of the plate. Did you know a four-leaf clover was basically just four circles kind of smooshed together? I didn't either, but that's what it is.
After painting my four smooshed circles, I gave the shamrock a little stem. The Extreme Glitter paint went on rather light, but it dried to the darker color that I wanted.
Once the glitter paint was dry, I put a coat of the Gloss Mod Podge over the top of the whole plate for a nice, shiny finish.
What crafts do you enjoy making for the holidays?
Latest posts by Vivienne Wagner (see all)
- DIY: How to Recover Plain White Lampshades with Fabric and Paint - May 10, 2023
- DIY: How to Recover Outdoor Furniture With a Glue Gun - April 10, 2023
- Craft: How to Make Patriotic Decor with Upcycled Glass Jars - June 28, 2019