Pecan Blondies Recipe – Delicious Brownie Twist
There are times when you want a brownie, but then there are other times when it's counterpart, the Blondie will most certainly do. Blondies are great treats to make especially if someone you know is allergic to chocolate. You can substitute chocolate chips for nuts or even dried fruit. (Try this oatmeal cookie dough blondie recipe for a fun twist!)
I love a delicious blondie and this recipe was so doggone easy that they were ready in no time. They're the perfect dessert for someone looking to quickly satisfy their sweet tooth.
I found this wonderful recipe at Simply Recipes and made some substitutions.
makes one 8 X 8-inch pan
Ingredients for your Pecan Blondies
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
Directions for your Pecan Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 8 X 8-inch baking pan and lightly flour. Be sure to remove any excess.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the butter / sugar mixture and mix well.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Place batter into pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool and then cut into squares.
I love that I can make a dessert that will please the masses in under a half hour. Family members can get ornery when they're hungry and wanting something sweet to satisfy them. Be sure to keep them at bay by making these blondies and make them your own by adding different ingredients to them!
What treats do you like to serve your family when they're asking for something sweet?
Latest posts by Lynne Feifer (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes for Holiday Parties - December 7, 2021
- Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe for Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey - November 2, 2021
- Game Day Cupcakes - January 18, 2021