Winter Fudge Dessert for Game Day Party Sweets
I've never been one to make candy because for desserts I usually choose cookies like these peppermint double dark chocolate cookies. This Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge has certainly changed my mind though with it smooth white chocolate, crunchy cookies and delicious peppermint flavor. It just screams winter and makes an easy-to-eat finger food dessert for parties!
Seriously, it's always been about the cookies. After tasting this recipe, my oldest daughter who's visiting us for a few days decided that we should completely embrace the fudge this year and do a bunch of different flavors. I'm all for that, but I'm certainly not going to be the one to consume the entire lot! Oh, heavens no! Friends and neighbors may or may not welcome me with open arms this year when I show up at their door with plates full of fudge.
It's so very easy to make. The only thing that takes time is when it sets.I see lots of fudge in my future!
I used this recipe from Lil Luna and added the cookies to it.
Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe for Winter Desserts
makes one 9 X 9-inch pan
Ingredients for Your Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge
- 1 12-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 30 Hershey Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped and cut in quarters
- 15 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Bits
Directions for Making Your Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Prepare a 9 X 9-inch pan by lining it with parchment.
To do this, take a sheet a couple inches larger than the bottom of the pan. Place the pan on top and trace the outline of the bottom onto the paper. DO NOT cut the outline out. Instead, cut from the sides of the parchment just to the edge of each corner. This will enable you to put the paper into the pan, and have the sides fold up allowing for very easy removal of the fudge once it's set.
- Place the white chocolate chips and jar of marshmallow creme into a mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, place the sugar, butter, whipping cream and salt. bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour contents into the mixing bowl containing the chips and creme, and with the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the Candy Cane Kisses and crushed Oreos. Blend until Kisses are melted throughout.
- Place into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Evenly distribute the Andes Peppermint Crunch Bits and gently press into the fudge.
- Place pan into the refrigerator to set for 3 - 5 hours.
Will you be giving cookie or candy trays as gifts to neighbors and friends this holiday season, or will you include both?
Latest posts by Lynne Feifer (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes for Holiday Parties - December 7, 2021
- Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe for Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey - November 2, 2021
- Game Day Cupcakes - January 18, 2021