Summer: How to Select and Organize Your Beach Bag
The summer season is kicking off and that means it’s time to get ready to hit the water. Whether you spend your days at the beach, local pool, or on a lake, having and packing the right beach bag is essential. Try the tips below to make your days on the water a little easier.
How to Select and Organize Your Beach Bag
- Beach bags should be large and lightweight. Even when you travel light, you’ll need a least a few towels and t-shirts. Avoid any unnecessary hardware on the bag that would weigh it down.
- Use brightly colored cosmetic bags for smaller items that you want to keep dry, such as your money, cell phone, keys, lip gloss, band aids, hair ties, and ibuprofen.
- Carry only what you truly need. Bags get heavy, so eliminate what’s unnecessary. You might want one sunblock for your face and one for your body, but you don’t need any more than that. You may want to leave your wallet at home and just bring cash, identification, and a credit card.
- Let your children carry some of the load. Even young children can tote water toys, a shovel and pail, and blow up rafts. This shouldn’t be in your beach bag!
- Keep essentials stocked. Leave the sunblock and lip balm packed in the beach bag, so you can be ready for a day at the beach in minutes.
- Plastic bags come in handy. Use one for dry clothes, one for sunblock (in case it drips), and keep a few empty ones for wet bathing suits. They are also great for keeping your book, magazine, or Kindle dry!
- Baby powder isn’t just for babies. It’s the best way to rub sand off your body before traveling home.
What do you like to keep in your beach bag?
Featured image courtesy of Flickr.
Barbara Reich is a professional organizer based in New York, NY. Her tough love approach turns organization and clutter from chore to lifestyle. To find more tips from Barbara, please visit www.facebook.com/ResourcefulConsultants or www.resourcefulconsultants.com or @BarbaraReich
Latest posts by BarbaraReich (see all)
- Summer: How to Select and Organize Your Beach Bag - May 28, 2019
- Transitioning From a School to Summer Routine - May 25, 2019
- Summer: How to Transition from School to Summer Routines - May 8, 2019