Weight Loss: 10 Ways to Reach Your Fitness Goals
If you are a regular gym goer, you are probably annoyed with people like me who are using their newly purchased gym pass and hogging up space (seriously) on the elliptical you normally use. Lucky for you, only 1 of 10 people who made resolutions for 2019 will succeed. Not us, right? Nope! This year, we are going to make small changes to improve our health and we are going to make our fitness goals. Who's with me?
10 Tips to Help You Reach Your 2019 Weight Loss Goals
Here are 10 tips to help you not tip the scale in 2019:
- Set realistic weight-loss goals. Every time I have taken some pounds off my frame, it has been when I was consistent. Even small changes like ditching soda, or starting to go on walks after a break from exercising, the more I was consistent the better the results I had. Making small changes over time is easier (and better) than going gung-ho and crazy for a short time. You can do it!
- Within the rules of the “Game On” diet game, it recommends picking two vices to work on every month and focusing on those things. They don’t necessarily have to be weight related. For example, if you are a sporadic flosser, make it a goal to floss your teeth every night. Or, if like some adults I know (I won't share any names... you know who you are!), you often mindlessly pick food off of your kid’s plates that they leave behind, try to actively stop doing that.
- Stay hydrated! Buy a cute water bottle and keep it by your side at all times. Also, try drinking 16 ounces of water before meals which could help you eat less.
- Find an eating replacement. Instead of snacking due to boredom/stress/etc, try exercising, eating a piece of gum, brushing your teeth, taking a walk or a bike ride.
- Make note of what you are consuming. For me, writing down what I have consumed everyday makes me feel more accountable and guilty if I had a bad food eating day and more accomplished when I had a good food eating day. I love tracking my food with the My Fitness Pal app for SmartPhones. Lots of other awesome apps for keeping your physical fitness goal are on the market. Be sure to check them out and use them!
- Reward yourself when you complete goals. One idea I want to try is to have a workout jar that you put cash in for every day of the week that you exercise. Then at the end of each month, you can reward yourself with all the money you've put in your jar!
- Don’t let yourself get to the point where you are starving to death! Living a busy life, sometimes my meals are far apart from each other. When I finally make dinner I am ravenous and eat way more than I should. Snacking on healthy snacks like veggies or fruit between meals will help you not over eat at your bigger meals of the day.
- Get support from friends or family - Working out with a partner can make the commitment easier, and more fun to do. Plus, being sore from doing squats is much easier when you can complain with your friends. Am I right?
- Eat less, do more - I'll try to if you will!
- Give yourself motivation and remember that this time next year you will be wishing you started today.
What tips do you have to keep your weight in control?
Image courtesy of Flickr
Latest posts by Brooke Johnson (see all)
- Monday Night Football Appetizers: 5 Finger Foods for A Game - January 29, 2019
- Weight Loss: 10 Ways to Reach Your Fitness Goals - January 17, 2019
- Holiday Decorations: How to Dazzle With DIY Crafts - December 5, 2018