American Express: Monday #gno Twitter Party on Using Holiday Shopping to Teach Kids about Spending
It's hard to believe that the holiday shopping season is almost here. Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and we all know what happens the day after Thanksgiving. That's right, Black Friday will be here before you know it, and that means spending for the entire family. Although we all love the spirit of giving, we don’t want our kids to overspend. All parents want their teens to learn how to maintain a budget, separate “wants” from “needs,” and understand basic financial literacy, but opening that dialogue often proves difficult. Holiday season presents the perfect teachable moment to talk with your kids about budgeting.
A prepaid card like the new PASS Card from American Express is a great tool to help break the ice. PASS from American Express is a prepaid, reloadable card parents can give to teens. An alternative to debit, credit, or cash, the PASS Card eliminates the need to carry around lots of cash without overspending. Parents have full control via an online account – with the ability to load money, view transaction history, and set up alerts. If lost or stolen, the funds on the Card can be replaced. PASS serves as a safe way to provide our teens with money and teach them about responsible spending habits without detriment to credit lines or our wallets.
Join American Express and our panel of experts as we discuss how you can turn holiday shopping into a teachable moment to talk to your kids about money. The party will be held on Monday, November 22 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the American Express Gift Card Giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Monday, November 22 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #AmExPass)
- Topic: Using Holiday Shopping to Teach Kids about Spending
- Who: Brand Panelist: @vvanpetten, Community Panelists: @chaotic_barb @JennFowler @VSpotMom @bigguysmama @OrganizerSandy @CentsibleLife, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter for a chance to win the American Express Gift Card giveaway.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- P&G Giveaway: Win a $350 Gift Card - June 20, 2014
- P&G: Thursday #gno Twitter Party - June 20, 2014
- Building Skills: 5 Photography Activities for Kids - June 12, 2014