What Is Mom It Forward's #GNO?
Mom It Forward's #gno (Girls' Night Out) is a group of women and mommy bloggers and twitterers that enjoy a night out where they chitchat with women around the globe right from the comfort of their own homes.
Twitter newbies and veterans alike look forward to this virtual party where they learn the Twitter ropes, meet and follow new friends, exchange blog URLs, and discuss popular women's topics including everything from health and wellness, parenting, travel, and yes!, even chocolate.
But get ready! This chitchat requires multi-tasking minds and lightening speed fingers. Between 250-500 gals, and even guys, join the soiree each week from New Zealand to New Jersey and beyond, sending 140-character messages at 1,500+ tweets per hour.
New to Twitter? Click here for a little pre-party tutorial. A Twitter veteran? Come and meet new friends. Feel like you don't have time for Twitter? #GNO is open-house style. Stay for 5 minutes or an hour, or kick your heels up and stay all night. Join us when it begins, leave to put your kids to bed, and come back later. We're that flexible!
When Is Mom It Forward's #gno?
- Date: Every Tuesday Night
- Time: From 9 to 11 p.m. Eastern Time (8 p.m. Central, 7 p.m. Mountain, 6 p.m. Pacific)
- Place: Twitter using the hashtag #gno (Read the RSVP post every Monday for a link to our custom Tweetgrid!)
How Do I Join the Par-tay?
- If you have not signed up yet, go to Twitter and get an account.
- Every Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, you can RSVP for the party by clicking on the RSVP post (see the #gno reference in the sidebar). There, you can include your Twitter URL in the link list or in the comments section, follow other #gno gals, as well as be followed by them.
- To use Mr. Linky (the link list), make sure to enter your Twitter username in the first box (e.g., jylMomIF). In the second box, enter your Twitter URL (http://twitter.com/profilenamegoeshere). Note: Do not enter your blog URL in this box.
- Right before heading to the Twitter festivities, click on everyone on the Mr. Linky list or in the comments section to follow them.
How Does #gno Tie Into Mom It Forward?
Mom It Forward's mission is to "change the world one mom at a time." We achieve that by focusing on three pillars: me, mom, and my world! Specifically, we hope to 1) strengthen women as individuals, 2) help them become the best moms or influencers they can be depending on their role, and 3) provide ideas, opportunities to, and recognition for carrying out the Mom It Forward mission in small and large ways within their own communities and beyond.
#GNO gives women a wonderful, virtual gathering place and allows Mom It Forward the opportunity to choose monthly themes and weekly topics and bring on guest panelists and sponsors to focus on strengthening and supporting women individually, as moms and influencers, and in their quest to make a difference.
Does Mom It Forward & #gno Events Have Sponsors?
Absolutely! Mom It Forward, Inc. works with brands that align with the Mom It Forward mission. Brands add tremendous value to the Mom It Forward community and #gno parties. They are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Provide giveaways, offering products that benefit community members.
- Join the weekly #gno parties by providing expert panelists that can share knowledge and tips on the week's #gno topic.
- Offer downloadable e-coupons for products that benefit community members.
- Provide product or services at live events, conferences, fundraisers, etc.
- Partner on social media campaigns, including consulting, blog tours and blogger outreach, off-site events, etc.
Companies and organizations Mom It Forward has worked with include Feeding America, Park City Mountain Resort, ScanPan, The Christmas Box Foundation, Yehu Microfinance, S-Curve Records, Orville Redenbacher, Kodak, Alice.com, Mozy, Design-Her Gals, Campbell's, Lifetime TV, Be Bright Pink, and Crayola, Libby's, OfficeMax, Cheerios, TimexStyle, Zone Perfect, and Seventh Generation.
If you are interested in sponsorship information and opportunities, please submit a request by clicking here.
Who Is Your Hostess?
Jyl Johnson Pattee is your #gno hostess. To learn more about Jyl, please click here. If you have questions or want further information regarding Mom It Forward, please contact Jyl by clicking here or by e-mailing her at MomItForwardATgmailDOTcom.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Inexpensive Summer Time Family Fun Tips - June 19, 2017
- Photography: Family Photo Walk at Utah’s Wheeler Farm - June 6, 2017
- 10 Tips to Planning Your Own Summer Camp - May 26, 2017