Allergies: How to Reduce Fall Allergies in Your Home
I am a mother of four children and we have all have had symptoms of allergies this fall. With the cooling temperatures approaching, our family will most likely spend more time in our home. Keeping our home clean and pollutant free is very important to us.
I was recently reading that 90% of the air in our homes have more pollutants than outside. This concerns me as a mother. I have always thought that as long as we were indoors, our allergies would not flair up as much. The reality is that this is not always true. Many people are just as allergic to things in their home as they are to things found outside the home. If you are experiencing allergic reactions in your home, here are a few things you might be allergic to.
How to Reduce Fall Allergies in Your Home
Common Household Allergies
- Carpeting has mold and dust mites.
- Pets and animals can increase your exposure to allergens.
- Heating and air conditioning units that have bad ventilation add to the level of indoor pollutants. Dirty filters can make matters worse.
- Dust mites and odors can also be allergens.
I have been on the lookout to find something that could help us keep the air in our home cleaner. I had the opportunity to review the Fellowes AP-300PH air purifying system. It has already made a big big difference over the last month for us. My younger son used to wake up with sniffles and a dry throat, but now he breathes more easily in the morning.
Features of the Fellowes Air Purifying System
- The True HEPA Filter safely removes 99.97% of the bad stuff—pet dander, mold spores, pollen, dust mites, allergens, cigarette smoke, and odors.
- Air Purity Sensor monitoring the air quality and automatically adjusting the fan speed to keep air purified.
- PlasmaTRUE removes airborne pollutants, cleaning the air at the molecular level.
- The unit is really quiet and can purify a room up to 300 feet.
We have loved using this unit system in our home over the last month. I have noticed subtle differences. If you are interested in this product, you can find it on Amazon. This product is regularly priced at $359.99 and is on sale on Amazon for only $148.99. That is a great deal. For more information, visit Fellowes’ AP-300PH on Amazon.com (http://amzn.to/MBk9V3)
What do you do to help relieve your fall allergies?
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- How to Set Boundaries That Balance Your Life - January 12, 2015
- Setting Goals: Creating a Life List or a Bucket List - January 3, 2015
- Free Printable: Winter Family Activity Calendar - December 28, 2014