Macy’s Heart of Haiti: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Giving Back
The Haitian Culture continues to thrive even during catastrophe. Despite the devastating 2010 earthquake, Haitian artisans are still turning raw materials into artwork that embodies their rich culture and history. Haitians have an extraordinary ability to create breathtakingly beautiful artwork using everything from recycled oil drums and wrought iron to papier mache and stone. These crafts truly reflect the Haitian culture and all of its beauty amidst the rubble. It also is proof that Haitians have an unwavering ability to rebuild their lives in the face of such great adversity.
Since the earthquake in early 2010, it has been extremely difficult for Haitians to make a living due to the lack of raw materials, secure and sanitary conditions and funding to support the relief. Macy’s saw a need for change and as a result, partnered with Fairwinds Trading and BrandAid Haiti to launch its Heart of Haiti program. Macy’s now features beautiful pieces of artwork that was hand-crafted by Haitian artisans. For every sale that is made, these artisans will receive 22 percent of the retail price for each item in the collection. This campaign has offered Haitians their first sustainable income since the devastation in early 2010. The income has helped to repair homes, pay school fees, and feed and clothe their families. It is because of this initiative that Haitians have been given a chance to turn their lives around for the better by having improved nutrition, education and healthcare.
Join Macy’s and our panel of experts as we discuss giving back. The party will be held on Tuesday, January 11 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, January 11 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #HeartofHaiti)
- Topic: Giving back
- Who: Brand Panelist: @HeartofHaiti @HaitianArtisans @willashalit @CoveCreative @cbhaitifund @beEverywhere @DanicaKombol @brittonT13, Community Panelists: @banteringblonde @chatterboxcgc @RealLifeSarah @mommyniri @VSpotMom @CraftyMamaof4 @herbadmother @AskWifey @anandaleeke @MadreMinutes @fabdogooder, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter for a chance to enter the Heart of Haiti giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Building Skills: 5 Photography Activities for Kids - July 6, 2015
- Fourth of July: Tips for Celebrating the Holiday and Cooking for a Crowd - June 22, 2015
- PEPCID Giveaway: Win a $250 Gift Card - June 17, 2015