Meal Plan: Dinner Recipe Ideas Inspired by Movies
This week, we have movies on the mind! What is your all-time favorite movie? What movie do you plan on seeing this week? Besides characters, plots, story lines, and locations, the next thing we love about movies is the food. Whether it be the candy and popcorn at the theater or food that is shown throughout a movie, we love it all! This week's meal plan is all about food that is inspired by movies!
Theme: Movie-Themed Food
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, February 20 — Sunday, February 26
Monday: Julie and Julia (President's Day)
- Dinner Recipe: Herb Roasted Chicken from (a)Musing Foodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: Do you think it's ok for guys to cry at movies? Why? Why not?
Tuesday: Princess and the Frog (Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras)
- Dinner Recipe: Gumbo from Barbara Bakes
- Dinner Discussion Question: What kinds of things in movies make you laugh?
Wednesday: Lady and the Tramp
- Dinner Recipe: Spaghetti and Baked Meatballs from The Merry Gourmet
- Dinner Discussion Question: Out of all the movies you have seen, what is your most and least favorite? Why?
Thursday: The Help
- Dinner Recipe: Fried Chicken from Cookin' Lean
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you learn about friendship from movies?
Friday: Monsters Inc. (National Tortilla Chip Day)
- Dinner Recipe: Monster Nachos from Cheeky Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could meet any movie star, which would it be?
Saturday: National Clam Chowder Day
- Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Clam Chowder from Is This Really My Life?
- Dinner Discussion Question: What type of movies make you cry? When was the last time you cried at a movie?
Sunday: (101 Dalmations)
- Dinner Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs from Barbara Bakes
- Dinner Discussion Question: Do you prefer to watch movies at the theater or in the comfort of our own home? Why?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form!
Top food photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Emotion Coaching: A New Way to Guide Very Young Children - April 6, 2016
- Body Image: Positive Affirmations for Accepting and Loving Your Body - April 4, 2016
- Meal Plan: Special Meals for Moms in Celebration of Mother’s Day - March 29, 2016