Minimalist Parenting: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
Choice is good, but the sheer magnitude of choice people face today is overwhelming, paralyzing actually. Never before have parents been faced with so many choices — of child-rearing philosophies, work schedules, educational options, savings plans, gadgets and gear, nutritional advice, and even entertainment possibilities for a family’s dwindling free time. The result? Overwhelmed, confused parents and overscheduled, over-parented kids.
And that’s where Christine Koh and Asha Dornfest’s upcoming book comes in: MINIMALIST PARENTING: Enjoy Modern Family Life More by Doing Less (bibliomotion books + media; Paperback Original; $19.95; March 19, 2013). Both parents themselves, Koh is the founder of BostonMamas.com and Dornfest is the founder of ParentHacks.com — they’re the perfect guides to help you navigate through all that conflicting background noise.
MINIMALIST PARENTING is Koh and Dornfest’s prescription for how to handle too much of a good thing. They’ll show you how to minimalize your family life — how to edit your schedule, possessions, and expectations so there’s more of what you love and care about and less of what you don’t. They’ve discovered that by simplifying and streamlining, parents can navigate past the self-doubt, guilt, and overwhelmed feelings inherent in today’s parenting climate to a place of clarity, connection, and most of all, fun.
Join Asha Dornfest, Christine Koh, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about minimalist parenting. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 26 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 26 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #MinimalistParenting
- Topic: Minimalist Parenting
- Who: Brand Panelists: @MinParenting, Community Panelists: @audreymcclellan @rookiemoms @meaganfrancis, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- VSP Vision Care Insurance Giveaway: Win a $250 VISA Gift Card - April 8, 2015
- VSP Vision Care: Tuesday #EyeGiveBack Twitter Party - April 8, 2015
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 30, 2015