Calendar of Events for the Mom It Forward Fundraiser—Reducing Poverty in Kenya, Enhancing Lives!
More than 20 million rural Kenyans live in extreme poverty. You can get involved and make a difference in a variety of ways, both online and offline:
- 3/31: Attend #gnogives kickoff event on Twitter.
- 4/7: Participate in #gnogives 24-hour Tweet-a-Thon on Twitter.
- 4/12: Join in the 5 Minutes for Mom Blog-a-Thon.
- 4/14: Virtual pajama party with My Mommy Manual.
- 4/17-18: Virtual auction on SITS with all of the proceeds going to charity.
- 4/18: Take part in a live event near you: Chicago, DC Metro, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York City, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Sydney, Toronto, Vancouver.
- 4/29: Listen in on Chicks Who Chat blog talk radio.
- 5/7: Party with other mamas on the new #gnogives group on Todays Mama Connect.
The following two tabs change content below.
An active part of the Mom It Forward team, Jyl primarily writes about parenting, social good, and all things travel related. In a past life, Jyl was an award-winning copywriter and designer of corporate training programs for Fortune 100 companies. Offline, Jyl is married to @TroyPattee; a mom to two teen boys and a beagle named #Hashtag; loves large amounts of cheese, dancing, and traveling; and lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Topping her bucket list is the goal to visit 50 countries by the time she's 50.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022