Operation Purple: Thursday #gno Twitter Party on Patriotism, Veteran’s Day and Family Togetherness with the National Military Family Association
Coping with the stresses and difficulties of family separation is something that many military service men and women are all too familiar with...and so too are their families. That's why each and every day, it's important to celebrate life with the ones you love and not take the time you spend together for granted.
Currently, it is estimated that more than 155,000 children have a mom and/or dad deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. War's uncertainty and the absence of a parent are extremely stressful for these children… and the National Military Family Association has created a program to help alleviate this stress. The non-profit organization’s Operation Purple program aims to empower military children and their families to develop and maintain healthy and connected relationships, in spite of the current military environment.
Operation Purple consists of free summer camps for military children who have a parent deployed. At camp, kids are able to participate in traditional camp activities, and bond with other children experiencing the same stresses and worries that they are.
Additionally, Operation Purple Family Retreats are free, four-day retreats designed to allow families to reconnect after a loved one returns from deployment. The National Military Family Association also hosts a Healing Adventures camp experience, for active duty or medically retired service members who were wounded or experienced emotional trauma or illness.
The Operation Purple program urgently needs funding to continue next year, or thousands of military families will be unable to benefit from these programs… donations can be made by clicking here!
Join the National Military Family Association and our panel of experts as we discuss patriotism, the importance of Veteran’s Day and maintaining family connections in spite of periods of separation. The party will be held on Thursday, November 4 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about an Operation Purple Prize Pack Giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, November 4 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #OpPurple.)
- Topic: Patriotism, the importance of Veteran’s Day and maintaining family connections in spite of periods of separation
- Who: Brand Panelists: @military_family @IDCwife @KimEdger Community Panelists: @heatherO @plussizemommy @militarymama @crazyadventures @mentallycluttered @TexasHolly Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter for a chance to win Operation Purple's Prize Pack.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.