March of Dimes Fund Soars in Memory of Maddie Spohr
Less than 2 weeks ago, something terrible happened.
A mother and father took their little girl to the hospital.
Sweet Madeline Alice Spohr never came home again.
Maddie lived 17 beautiful, amazing months. In that time, she touched lives and brightened the world of everyone who met her.
News of her passing rippled across the Blog World. Friends and family of Maddie's parents, Heather and Mike Spohr, reached out to help.
Something happened. One person shared the story of Maddie with another, and then that person passed on the light of this little girl - until hundreds of people were wringing their hands in their own homes across the country—feeling helpless, wondering what they could do to ease the pain of this family they didn't even know.
Strangers sat at their computers late at night, reading post after post about the beauty of this little girl, about the tragedy of her loss, and sharing their need to help. Crying was the norm.
Heather's close friend became the source for information. AMomTwoBoys was where you could go for all things Maddie. You could find:
- Links to all the amazing tributes to this little girl (close to 500 of them)
- Learn about how to donate to the March of Dimes in Maddie's honor. In less than 2 weeks, more than $31,000 has been raised. I understand 90% of that has been in increments of less than $25 or less.
- She even sent you to the websites that had the links for buttons to help the family—neither Heather or Mike are working right now and clearly, expenses are overwhelming.
Pictures are from Maddie's mom, Heather's website.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- How to Get Your Children to Clean Their Room - June 16, 2016
- Teaching Children to Recognize Emotions With Art - May 23, 2016
- Time Management: How to Say Yes to Your Highest Priorities - April 20, 2016