Kids Craft: How to Make Aluminum Foil Leaves
Fall Craft—Autumn is one of my favorite times of year. I love watching the leaves change colors and feel the cooler temperatures. One way my kids celebrate fall is to rake all the fallen leaves in our yard into piles and run and jump in them. They never seem to tire of this simple activity. We also like to go on leaf scavenger hunts. We try to find leaves in a variety of shapes and sizes. It is amazing to me how many different types of leaves we can find.
One way we like to preserve some of our treasures is to make some fun creative art pieces. One of our favorites is creating these fun aluminum foil leaves.
How to make Aluminum Foil Leaves
- Different sizes of leaves
- Aluminum foil
- Elmer's glue
- Stain or brown shoe polish
- Display poster board
- Brown paper
- Gather leaves in various shapes and sizes. We like the slightly larger leaves at our house.
- Cut the poster board into your desired shapes to frame your leaf.
- Glue the leaf on the board.
- Take aluminum foil and cover the leaf. Wrap the foil around the front and neatly tuck the ends around to the back.
- Rub your hand over the leaf until you can see the impressions of the leaf.
- Rub the stain or polish over the leaf to make the veins of the leaf come out. You can do this with a paper towel or rag.
- Cut a piece of brown paper out the size of your cut poster board. This will be used as backing for your project.
- Glue the paper on the back of your piece of poster board to hide all the loose ends of the foil.
- Sign you artwork with you name and date.
How do you like to decorate with leaves? How can you involve your kids in your projects?
Jill Greenlaw has a banking background. She gave that up 17 years ago when she got married and started having kids. She loved being a stay-at-home mom while raising her four beautiful children. A few years ago, Jill went back to work in sales. She is now working for the Mom It Forward team as their Community Manager. She loves her job. Her interests include camping, motorcycling, boating, photography, reading, cooking, and traveling. Put her in flip flops anywhere warm and she is happy.
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Wooden Pallet Craft: How to Make a Garden Grow Box - April 14, 2015
- Earth Day: Gummy Worm Dirt Pudding Cups - April 13, 2015
- Holidays: How to Create Easter Traditions with Your Family - March 28, 2015