American Physical Therapy Association: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party
In the days, weeks and months leading up to your baby’s arrival, you may wonder if your baby will have your eyes, or perhaps your husband’s nose. But while baby is growing and changing, mommy is experiencing a transformation of her own. A mother’s body experiences many changes during and after pregnancy that can often cause aches and pains.
Yet, physical therapists say there are many ways for a woman to stay fit and healthy before, during, and after pregnancy to avoid or alleviate these issues.
Staying fit and maintaining your health during pregnancy often results in a happier mom and can help her get back to pre-baby health and fitness levels more easily.
How does a mother maintain her health and fitness levels during pregnancy and following the birth of a child?
Brought to you by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), MoveForwardPT.com and physical therapists have big news to share in terms of how to be a #FitMom, such as:
- 70% of pregnant women experience low back pain, which can be reduced through flexibility, strength, and balance exercises
- Pelvic pain, which can occur while walking, sitting, or even sleeping, can be lessened through proper stabilization exercises
- After delivery, strengthening abdominal and pelvic floor muscles helps mom become stronger, faster
Join Move Forward PT, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about how to be a #FitMom. The party will be held on Wednesday, May 22 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, May 22 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #FitMom
- Topic: How to be a #FitMom
- Who: Brand Panelists: @MarianneRyanPT @MoveForwardPT , Community Panelists: @scentednights @littleislandstu @themanesource @marriedcoupons @PhillySproutlet @turningclockbac Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Up and Away and Out of Sight: Win 5 $50 VISA Gift Cards - August 30, 2014
- Up & Away & Out of Sight: Thursday #gno Twitter Party - August 30, 2014
- Barilla – Share The Table®: Thursday #gno Twitter Party - August 15, 2014