Aveda Giveaway: Win Earth Month Candles, Donations, and Aveda Products (12 Winners)
In developing countries, 70 percent of industrial waste and 80 percent of all waste is dumped untreated into waters where they pollute the usable water supply. In these countries, women and children spend hours a day collecting water from the often distant and polluted sources.
One person out of seven lacks access to clean water and thousands of people are dying on a daily basis due to the inability to access clean water. Often, they are consuming polluted water which leads to disease, debilitation or even death. Aveda’s 2011 Earth Month is aimed at raising funds and awareness for clean water.
Now in its 12th year, Aveda created Earth Month in April 1999 to raise awareness and funds for critically important environmental issues around the world, and has since raised more than $18 million for organizations that directly affect environmental change, and $12 million for water-related causes alone over the past four years. This year they are offering various ways to help raise money to change the world’s global water crisis:
Light The Way™ Earth Month Candle
Aveda’s 2011 Light the Way™ soy wax candle, featuring a stress-relieving aroma with certified organic French lavender, is sold exclusively during Earth Month (available here now). One hundred percent of the purchase price ($12) of this candle supports Global Greengrants Funds water-related projects (learn more at www.greengrants.org). This is a total of $1.34 million if all candles are sold.
Aveda Walk For Water
During the week of April 22, 2011 the global Aveda network will participate in an initiative to acknowledge the daily struggle of and raise awareness for people around the world without access to clean water. The Aveda Walk for Water campaign:
- Unites the Company’s network and guests in a series of walks around the world.
- Is executed locally by Aveda salons, spas and Institutes to benefit local water-related organizations.
- Will extend six kilometers—the average distance that women in developing countries walk to collect water each day.
Appointments For Earth
Appointments for the Earth lets Aveda salon, spa and Institute clients experience services with a portion of monies being directed to local not-for-profit organizations with water-focused missions.
This week's giveaway is all about empowering communities, specifically as it relates to the global water crisis. Eleven lucky winners will win a limited edition Light the Way™ Earth Month Candle (ARV: $12), with 100% of the candle price being donated on your behalf to clean water projects in developing countries around the world. That’s $288 donated by Aveda on your behalf.
One lucky winner will win a limited edition Light the Way™ Earth Month Candle (ARV: $12), with %100 of the candle price being donated on your behalf to clean water projects in developing countries around the world, and the Aveda Smooth Infusion family of products (ARV: $87).
For a chance to enter and win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets.
- Follow @Aveda on Twitter.
- Like Aveda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aveda.
- Leave a comment on this post letting us know why clean water is important to you.
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward Be sure to celebrate Earth Month with @Aveda & spread the word about the global water crisis! #gno #AvedaEarthMonth PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter 2 win Light the Way Candle & Smooth Infusion (12 Winners) http://bit.ly/e8BYnh #gno #AvedaEarthMonth PLS RT
The following are extra entries that re completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed optional entry.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 30. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Photography: Simple Tips and Tricks for Beautiful Food Photographs - January 18, 2022
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020