Farm Values: Utah Dairy Farm Tour
The morning is filled with darkness as you hop out of bed and click the alarm that is set to beep at 4:30 a.m. Grabbing your jacket and a pair of warm socks, you head out for a day of work on your family's farm. Golden rays peek from behind the mountains as you begin milking the cows. And soon the sun has risen, illuminating your farm, and the beauty that it has.
Farm life is something that most Americans are unable to relate to. Many have never even set foot on their local farm let alone woken up before sunrise to milk the cows. Farming today, as it has always been, is a family affair. Farms are generally passed down from father to son. Why would anyone choose to inherit their family's farm? After all, a farmer's life isn't an easy life and it isn't stable either.
Growing up on a farm teaches lessons to both parents and children. Hard-work, problem solving, perserverance, and personal responsibility are only a few of the values that you learn growing up on a farm.
Blogger Dairy Farm Tour
Join Mom It Forward and the Dairy Council of Utah & Nevada as we take a tour on Pappy's Farm located in Ogden, Utah. We will be learning about the daily life of farmers as well as he values that are taught on a farm and how to incorporate it into your family's life.
- What: Blogger Dairy Farm Tour
- When: Tuesday, October 22 from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. MST
- Where: Pappy's Farm located in Ogden, Utah
- Hashtags: #dairygood
- Topic: Farm Values
- RSVP Form: Submit your RSVP here by 12: 00 p.m. (ET) Sunday, October 13, 2013
*The Dairy Council of Utah and Nevada will be providing a lunch following the conclusion of the dairy farm tour.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019