Electrolux Nimble Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review & Giveaway
Home Management—The same thing that got Elvis Presley in trouble with parents in the 1950s is what makes the ELECTROLUX VACUUM such a hit in my home. I’m speaking, of course, of “swivel action.” I’m not one who necessarily enjoys vacuuming, but if I’m going to go to the trouble and effort of doing it, it darn well better work.
My wife called earlier than expected, and I could tell she was up to something. She said to hurry home because there was something that had smooth cornering, slick contours, and plenty of power waiting for me in the garage. A description like that is likely to catch the attention of most any man, and it definitely caught mine. But I’ve been married long enough to not be fooled by such things. It wasn’t that I rushed home expecting to find a sports car, but I was curious nonetheless.
What I found when I arrived was an Electrolux Nimble upright vacuum cleaner. And I was thrilled. I had always wanted an Electrolux—not in the same way I covet a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, mind you—and now I had one. But it’s not even that I enjoy vacuuming. My theory is that if you’re going to do something you may as well look good doing it (please, no snide remarks about my wardrobe).
The engineers at Electrolux have managed to take the very thing that used to get Elvis Presley in trouble with parents and turned it into something that parents would not only approve of but actually desire. And that thing is swivel action.
I never realized how much effort I was making to maneuver my vacuum around furniture, shoes, and kids until I tried the Nimble.
The Test Drive
You know when someone builds your expectations so much about something that it’s almost always a disappointment? This was my concern. This was kind of like when everyone told me that The Bridges of Madison County would be both the longest and worst movie I had ever seen…no, wait, it really was the longest and worst movie I had ever seen. Let’s just skip the analogy.
The Nimble has everything and performed in every way I had hoped it would. The vacuum maneuvered around furniture and children with the greatest of ease. The wand and hose allowed me to reach even the highest of stairs without hauling up the entire unit.
But the best part was that it worked. The vacuum worked hard. Piles of sand left over from last week’s trip to Arches National Park? Sucked into oblivion. Cheerios and ramen noodles left over from the sleepover with the cousins? Not even a trace. Small Legos and loose change? They didn’t stand a chance.
But wait, there’s more. You also get:
- Powerful LED headlight (for vacuuming in the dark)
- Bagless (note to wife: this does not mean it doesn’t need to be emptied!)
- 5-year warranty (better than a 4-year, and way better than a 3-year warranty)
- Sealed HEPA filter (High Efficiency Particulate Air if you’re scoring at home)
- Telescopic Integrated Wand System (Enough said)
- 3-in-1 VersaTool and Dusting Brush (Mere words cannot describe)
Until there’s an app that will vacuum the floor for me, the Electrolux Nimble will be put to good use. And now, you have a chance to win one.
Please do the following three things to be entered for a chance to win an Electrolux Nimble (ARV: $299):
- Like the Electrolux Vacuums and Small Appliances page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ElectroluxVacuumsandSmallAppliances
- Like the Mom It Forward Facebook page: http://facebook.com/MomItForward
- Tweet the following: GIVEAWAY! Enter 4 chance 2 win @Electrolux Nimble Upright Vacuum Cleaner (ARV $299) from #momitforward http://bit.ly/nCVjIn
When it comes to chores, what is your favorite cleaning gadget? What product makes cleaning more enjoyable?
The Fine Print
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Sunday, August 28. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only. Winners will be notified via email and announced in the Mom It Forward forum within 1 week of the giveaway end date. I was provided one Electrolux Nimble to review in compensation for this post. Photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020