Fall Cleaning: How To Sell Your Old Clothes Online
Okay ladies, with the change to the fall season comes fall cleaning. This is the last opportunity before old man winter sets in. This article is a tutorial about buying and selling on the internet. Internet selling is not like yard selling. People look to the Internet to buy upscale well-kept clothing, accessories, and furniture at a discount price.
Note that all tips are based on the assumption that your clothing has been well cared for (no holes, stains, etc.).
So, it’s time to get rid of your kids’ clothes, clutter, furniture and switch out that summer wardrobe! First, you must break down the items you are going to give away, throw away, keep, and sell. The first three are simple and self-explanatory. The selling can be tricky but doesn't have to be if you understand what you have, its value, and where you plan on selling them.
How to Sell Items Online
1. Determine a reasonable price for your item; Know the value of your item.
2. Check out sites such as eBay and Amazon to see prices on similar items.
3. When listing the item, make the description clear and detailed.
4. If you’re not familiar with the brand, read the height and weight chart found on most brands’ websites. Especially garments sold in European sizes.
5. Don’t forget to list Primary concerns for clothing types.
- Primary concerns for baby clothing would be dressing ease, softness, durability, and safety.
- Concerns for toddler clothing would be elastic band in the pants, durability, and stain resistance.
6. Determine how you will accept payments. PayPal, Google Checkout, and Amazon Payments are the most popular and they offer Complaint and Resolutions options should a transaction issue occur.
There are many online sites to list kids clothing and accessories. eBay, Amazon, and Etsy are just a few of the most popular. However, these sites can eat up the profits from the sale and with the popularity of these sites, selling clothing and accessories can be difficult. Another approach is mom forums dedicated to moms looking to buy, sell, and trade upscale children's clothing and accessories. They offer a target audience of moms looking specifically for upscale children's clothing and accessories. These moms tend to be more informed of the quality of clothing brands.
Alright, if any of you moms have any advice for other mom's buying and selling or just want to comment on a really great kids clothing line, we would love to hear it at Themomsgroup.com. We will be giving away a $25 gift card to Gymboree by signing up for free and making a contribution post to the forum. The drawing excludes the Introduction and Recipe Boards. This giveaway will run for 10 days from September 9 to September 23 with the winner being announced on our Facebook page.
What do you do with your used clothing? Do you like to sell it or donate it?