Family Fun: The Newlywed Game for Families
Looking for a family game that everyone will love? This winter has been long! We have been stuck inside because it is too cold to go out and we are starting to get cabin fever. I love finding new games to try out with my family and it helps to beat these winter blues! I loved watching the Newlywed Game growing up so I made my own version and I call it the Family Game.
The Family Game, similar to the Newlywed Game, is the perfect way to learn more about your family members and smile while doing it. The game is easy to play and enjoyable for all school aged children.
The Family Game Printable
- Dry erase markers
- The Family Game Printables
If you don’t have a whiteboard, improvise! You can use chalkboards, paper, or whatever you find around your house. I love the phrase “use what you have.”
I created 4 rounds of the Family Game for you and your family to enjoy. Each round includes 5 unique questions.
Directions for the Game
- Give each participant a whiteboard and marker.
- Assign a family member to read each question aloud.
- After the question is read, all participants secretly write down their answers on the whiteboard.
- When everyone’s answers are in, children and parents turn their whiteboards around and see if they have a match!
- As noted on the printables, parents and children take turns writing down their answers and guessing what the other person wrote down.
- Want to play the game again? Brainstorm new questions with your children!
What is your favorite game to play with your family?
Lauren is daughter, wife, and mother. She loves to create new things, spend time with her family, and celebrate life with her new baby. Her blog, Heart of Deborah highlights family fun, baby tips, healthy recipes, uplifting devotions, and other free printables.