Make a Difference at Home by Focusing on Your Family This Week!
Make a meaningful difference this summer by taking the Summer of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how:
- Commit to do one act of kindness each week based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Grab the SOS button at the bottom of this post and put it on your blog or social networking site.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's family focused giveaway by clicking here.
- Join #gno to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge. (Note: 10 lucky winners will receive popcorn gift packs during #gno!)
10 Ways to Make a Difference This Week
Here are 10 ideas to help you Focus on Family that will make a meaningful difference this week!
- Choose your favorite games and set aside an hour to play them together as a family.
- Enjoy mealtime together, having each person take a turn sharing about his or her favorite part of the day.
- Have a talent show where each person in the family is encouraged to participate. Talents can include simple things like doing a karate kick, juggling, or telling a story to more complex things like playing a musical instrument, reciting a poem, or performing a dance number.
- As a family, write a letter or send a package to a family member that lives far away, expressing your love and gratitude for that person.
- Decide on your favorite at-home family activity and plan some time this week to do it. For one extra step, assign each family member a day of the week and allow him or her to choose which family activity to do. Set aside an hour to Focus on Family each day this week.
- Make a treat together as a family and share it with a neighbor or other relative.
- Create a CD with all your favorite family songs. Listen, sing, and dance to them together.
- Choose a favorite family movie and set a time this week to have a family movie night. Don't forget your Orville Redenbacher's popcorn! Mmmmm!
- Come up with a family mission statement. Identify your family goals and short- and long-term goals. Remember to include fun stuff in your plans like vacations, at-home family activities, etc.
- Make time every day this week to spend one-on-one time with each of your children, telling them how much you love them. Do the same with your spouse!
This week's SOS Challenge is sponsored by Orville Redenbacher's. What other ideas do you have for Focusing on Family? Please share a comment here, letting us know how Focusing on Family has made a meaningful difference for you and your family this week.
Photo used with permission from Flickr.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - May 23, 2019
- 10 Tips to Planning Your Own Summer Camp - May 17, 2019
- Kids Craft: How to Decorate Pots With Molding Clay - May 15, 2019