General Mills Big G Cereals: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Retro Breakfast Memories
Whether you enjoy it in a bowl with milk or use it to bake tasty treats, cereal has been a staple in kitchen cupboards across America. So many different varieties of cereal have been introduced throughout the years and can still be found on store shelves. These brands have been a part of our popular culture for decades and some have even shared their debuts with notable and historical events!
Let’s play a little trivia game…
- What cereal was first placed on the shelves when black-and-white portable TV sets hit the market? Hint: The character is a bee.
- What cereal hit the shelves when Mattel’s Hot Wheels were first introduced? Hint: The character is a happy-go-lucky rabbit.
- This cereal was first introduced when Apple Macintosh made its debut. What cereal is this? Hint: Men in chef hats cover the box of this cereal.
- What cereal made its debut when Barbie turned 30 years old? Hint: If you eat these, you’ll be lucky all day.
If you guessed Cheerios®, Trix®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch® and Lucky Charms® in that order, then you are right on all of the questions. These cereals have been around for decades and over the years the designs on the boxes have changed to keep up with the times. To take cereal back to the good ‘ole days, General Mills Big G is featuring fun “Retro” package designs, vintage cartoons and promotions from the 50s, 60s and 80s. Retro versions of Honey Nut Cheerios®, Cheerios®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch®, Lucky Charms® and Trix® are available at Target stores while supplies last.
Join General Mills and our panel of experts as we discuss Retro Breakfast Memories. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 1 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here for a chance to enter the General Mills Big G Cereals Giveaway.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 1 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #RetroBigG)
- Topic: Retro Breakfast Memories
- Who: Brand Panelists: @BigGRetro, Community Panelists: @HowToSimplify @craftymamaof4 @cookincanuck @bigguysmama @VinoLuci, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here for a chance to enter the General Mills Big G Cereals Giveaway.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Pizza Party - May 10, 2016
- Emotion Coaching: A New Way to Guide Very Young Children - April 6, 2016
- Body Image: Positive Affirmations for Accepting and Loving Your Body - April 4, 2016