Girl Scouts: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party
The school year has started and family schedules are packed with homework, carpool, and after school activities. Extracurricular activities are an important component of raising kids with character.
According to the Afterschool Alliance, 15 million children are without supervision at home or on the streets and are at risk at falling behind academically, socially, and emotionally. After school or extracurricular activities teach children time management, maintaining social relationship skills, raising self-esteem, accomplishing goals with a team, and creating leaders in their communities. Furthermore, getting involved in extracurricular activities puts your children on a road of success in every aspect of their lives.
Girl Scouts is filling a vital need in wake of budget cuts by providing a place where elementary school aged girls can have fun, try new experiences, and develop life skills. It provides a safe place where girls can overcome their fear of speaking in front of others, shyness, and fear of failure and emerge as capable and bright leaders.
To learn more about how Girl Scouts can make a difference in the lives of girls in your community, click here.
Join Girl Scouts, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about getting kids involved with their peers and their communities. The party will be held on Wednesday, October 2 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, October 2 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #Icantwaitto
- Topic: Getting Involved
- Who: Brand Panelist: @girlscouts Community Panelists:@xschmidtty @SweetiesFree @MommyWorksALot @longwait4bella @Maricela_Rod @BeyondTheCrib @KathysSavings @turningclockbac @ABCGP @HowIPinchAPenny @MamaPapaBarn @melissanorthway @wheelndealmama @jamiemoesser @SumnerSix @sayitrahshay @heartblog @momhomeguide @BeingSpiffy @begintocraft @rajean @JaelDesignsInc @mrsrkfj @ContestPatti @xxplumcrazeexx @rn62 @2kidsandacoupon @jennymetamorfit @ToysInTheDryer @TheChattyMomma Moderator(s): @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.