Girl Scouts: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party
Join Girl Scouts, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend. Join the convo to talk all things cookie (yum), learn about this season’s sweepstakes, and discuss the 5 skills girls acquire while participating in the largest girl-led business.
The party starts Wednesday, February 5 from 9 to 10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). See here for details about the giveaway.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, February 5 from 9—10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #CookieBoss
- Topic: The 5 Skills
- Who: Brand Panelist: @girlscouts Community Panelists:TBD Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Girl Scouting provides girls with the opportunity to develop new skills and talents and to create life-long friendships. Through the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls learn five valuable skills essential to leadership, to success, and to life.
- Goal Setting: Each troop, whether big or small, starts out their cookie-selling season by creating goals they want to work toward, such as how many cookie boxes they want to sell and what they want to do with the money they earn.
- Decision Making: Each girl decides on the strategies she will use to sell her boxes.
- Money Management: Counting out change and tracking sales are critical to meeting their goals.
- People Skills: Whether knocking on the doors of family and friends or setting up a booth in the community, Girl Scouts meet many new individuals and share all they are doing with Girl Scouts.
- Business Ethics: Learning business ethics among friends gives girls confidence to apply the same ethics throughout their lives.
Learn more about how to join in the conversation around National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend. Click here.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 10, 2016
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 14, 2015
- Thursday Google + HOA – Great American Milk Drive - September 11, 2014