Hershey’s Kisses: Thursday #gno Twitter Party on Baking With Kids
The holidays are just around the corner which means that halls will be decked, lights will be lit, and holiday treats will be baked. Hershey’s wants to remind you that holiday baking is the perfect time to get kids in the kitchen and create lasting memories while baking delicious treats.
Spending time with kids in the kitchen not only creates memories, but it also helps them to develop their baking knowledge and passion at an early age. Here are a few tricks from Hershey’s & Betty Crocker baking experts for engaging kids in the baking process:
- Pick simple recipes. Most kids have short attention spans, so the easier the recipe, the better. Plus, it’s satisfying for kids to be able to make a recipe on their own!
- Let kids do the work, but be prepared to jump in. Kids love to measure and stir, but often lose focus if a recipe is taking too long. Be prepared to tackle the final touches.
- Think visually. Just as important to kids as how a recipe tastes is how it looks. Pick recipes that include fun shapes, colors or toppings.
- Have fun with the decorations! The best part of every recipe, and an easy and fun step for kids to tackle, is putting on the final touch. Let kids put the HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate on top of classic Peanut Butter Blossoms, or set up a decorating station with various colors of frosting, Betty Crocker® decorating gels, sprinkles and candies to top Holiday Cutout Cookies.
- Create while baking. While cookies are baking in the oven, let kids get creative by decorating bakery boxes or tins with stickers, ribbons, drawings or glitter to transport cookies to and from cookie exchange parties.
And don’t forget, Hershey’s Cookie Headquarters is the ultimate one-stop destination for holiday bakers. Hershey’s Cookie Headquarters is an online resource full of recipes and tips, and access to a team of experts to answer consumers’ baking questions during the busy holiday baking season through consumer posts on Cookie Headquarters, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
Mark your calendar for Thursday, December 1 and join us as we talk about baking with kids with Hershey’s Kisses.
Join Hershey’s Kisses and our panel of experts as we discuss baking with kids. The party will be held on Thursday, December 1 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, December 1 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #CookieHQ)
- Topic: Baking With Kids
- Who: Brand Panelist: @hersheyskisses, Community Panelists: @TheChattyMomma @atimeout4mommy @cecedon @HuppieMama @notasupermom @merrygourmet @housewifebliss @iheartnaptime @89linz @cateomalley, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020