HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One PC: Not All Good Things Come in Small Packages
With more people replacing desktops with laptops, laptops with tablets and/or iPads, and blog posts with micro-blogging, why would anyone buy a ginormous all-in-one computer in this day an age? An HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One PC to be specific?
I thought that was a good question and one I was debating when HP offered to have me review just such a beast. By beast, I mean that it's enormous compared to the bite-sized tech gadgets that surrounds us these days, making larger products feel cumbersome and pre-historic almost.
Yet, what I've found is everything awesome, big or small, macro or micro, in the tech space, has its place, and the HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One PC is no different. Let me share.
Why the HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One PC is Perfect for Kids
Up until now, we've had mini laptops for our kids to use. They are perfect for toting to and from school, but they have been a pain for homework, gaming, and shared viewing.
While no size of computer seems to resolve the fights my kids get in over who gets to use it next or longer, this computer is so big that I've found my boys actually playing, laughing, and working on it together. Instead of going off in their separate corners, they sit together to watch YouTube videos, ask each other for help with homework, and play computer games together.
Also, because it's so big, we've had to create a family computer center in our house. We put it in our main living area. It's easy to move around if we need to, so whether the kids play with it on the desk or while sitting on the couch using a pillow as their mouse pad, it's convenient and flexible.
How the 27-inch PC Strengthens Marriages
We have one TV in our house, which is great for using the XBox and for watching videos. But otherwise, we don't use it. We cancelled cable and DVR a long time ago. However, we still have a few shows we like to watch.
The ease of moving around the all-in-one computer is perfect for moving it from the desk to the couch area so Troy and I can watch our favorite House, Glee, or Modern Family episodes on Hulu. We have found this the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day, catch up on what's going on in each other's lives, all while using the start and stop function to discuss the shows midstream. An easy relationship building tool! What's not to love about that?
Why I Now Need to Buy an HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One PC for My Home Office
I will admit that having the new computer in our main family living area was tough for me. My home office computer needs to be updated. And after playing with the all-in-one with my family, I definitely am considering upgrading to one for my home office and here's why:
- I have a small and very chaotic office. I work better in chaos, with papers all over the place, so I'm not interested in a computer that takes up my desk space. The HP Omni 27-Inch All-in-One is a tremendous space saver, providing me with more room to have what I need for my job easily accessible.
- The screen is enormous, which is helpful when working with budgets and other large documents.
- The screen is edge-to-edge (no frame around it). Everything about this machine is sleek. No wasted space whatsoever.
- The best part for starters? It is ridiculously easy to set up. It only has one cord (the power cord). All you need to do is plug and play.
- The best part once you get it set up? It's super fast and super quiet. I should have written FAST in all caps. It's that awesome!
Disclosure: HP provided me with this computer in compensation for my honest and candid review. Thoughts and opinions are my own.What are your favorite tech products and gadgets? Do you agree that where tech is concerned, not all good things come in small packages? Why or why not?
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 30, 2023
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022