Join the #WeCanDoThis #gno Town Hall Event
Truth be told, the COVID-19 pandemic has been mentally and physically challenging for many. As we celebrate another COVID holiday season, there is a lot to consider in hosting or planning safe gatherings with family and friends. Have you and your family been vaccinated? If you received a dose a long time ago, then you should get a booster shot. Increased risk from traveling, gathering indoors, and spending time with family and friends makes getting a booster dose now the best way to stay safer this winter.
Here’s what you need to know: All vaccinated individuals 16+ should get a booster shot. Boosters are free to everyone living in the United States. They are readily available both by appointments and walk-in visits and no insurance or identification is required to receive the shot. Get your booster shot:
- At least 6 months after your 2nd dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.
- At least 2 months after your single dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Speaking of family gatherings, are your children 5-17 years of age vaccinated? Early in the pandemic, children were less likely to get COVID-19 than adults, but now children are just as likely to get the disease as adults are; with Delta, 1 in 5 new cases of COVID have been in children. In fact, the Delta variant is a greater threat to your child than any potential risk from the side effects of the vaccine. Although there is no way to know how COVID will affect your child, clinical trials showed vaccines to be highly effective at protecting them from severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID.
Talk to a doctor if you have questions about the vaccine. Find vaccines near you at vaccines.gov.
What you can do:
Join @HHSGov, Mom 2.0, and Mom It Forward as we learn more about We Can Do This. The Town Hall event will be held on Wednesday, December 15, 2021, from 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT).
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) #WeCanDoThis #ad Twitter event
- When: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, from 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on your Twitter account! Just make sure to follow and use the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #WeCanDoThis
- Topic: We Can Do This Campaign
- Brand Panelist: @HHSGov @Mom2Summit
- Moderators: @ForwardIM @troypattee @MomItForward
- Community Panelists: TBA
Paid for by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Latest posts by Nikki Abad (see all)