Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Well hello there! I’m Jesseca, the blogger over at One Sweet Appetite, and I am so excited to be here at Mom it Forward today. If you visit my site it won’t take you long to see that I love all things sweet. A few days ago I opened our refrigerator and noticed a case of blueberries that had somehow been forgotten. I couldn’t let them go to waste so I rolled up my sleeves and got baking! An hour or so later and these lemon blueberry muffins were served!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, soda, and salt. Add the eggs, sour cream, butter, zest, juice, and extract if using. Mix to combine. Fold in your blueberries. Fill your muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour with the 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of sugar. Use a fork to clump in the melted butter. Sprinkle the topping onto your muffins and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While your muffins are cooking combine the 1/2 cup sugar with the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over your warm muffins.
Recipe only slightly adapted from Taste of Home
These muffins are one of my favorite ways to use up fresh summer produce. The smell that fills your home while these are in the oven is simply amazing. I boxed up a few and sent them with my husband to work and the compliments came pouring in!
What is your favorite flavor of muffin?
Post by One Sweet Appetite
Thank you so much for letting me take over the site today! If you liked this recipe you should check out my Best Blueberry muffins, Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, or my Lemon Blueberry sweet rolls!
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- St. Patrick’s Day Party - March 14, 2023
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - March 3, 2023
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 16, 2023