Make Some Music & Make a Difference This Week
Make a meaningful difference this summer by taking the Summer of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how:
- Commit to do one act of kindness each week based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Grab the SOS button at the bottom of this post and put it on your blog or social networking site.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's music-related giveaway by clicking here.
- Join #gno to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
10 Ways to Make a Difference This Week
Here are 10 music-related ideas that will make a meaningful difference this week!
- Teach your children your three favorite childhood songs. Perform them for others.
- Play an instrument with your child or sign your child up for music lessons.
- Share your musical talent(s) with others—to friends or family, over the phone or skype to loved ones that live far away, to strangers: at a nursing home or to a homeless person.
- Dedicate a song on the radio, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on your blog to someone you care about.
- Share the gift of music with someone by sending them an iTunes gift card, a CD, etc.
- Find out your dad's 10 favorite songs, download, and burn them onto a CD for him for Father's day.
- Send a loved one a letter/message with the words to a song that sums up your feelings for him/her.
- Set a great tone in your home by playing music in the background.
- Make up stories about classical music (or other wordless songs) and tell them to your children as the music is playing.
- Dance with your children!
This week's SOS Challenge is sponsored by Diane Birch and S-Curve Records. What else can you do to Make Some Music? How has Making Some Music for others made a meaningful difference this week?
The following two tabs change content below.
An active part of the Mom It Forward team, Jyl primarily writes about parenting, social good, and all things travel related. In a past life, Jyl was an award-winning copywriter and designer of corporate training programs for Fortune 100 companies. Offline, Jyl is married to @TroyPattee; a mom to two teen boys and a beagle named #Hashtag; loves large amounts of cheese, dancing, and traveling; and lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Topping her bucket list is the goal to visit 50 countries by the time she's 50.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022