PBS KIDS Giveaway: Win PBS KIDS Summer Reading Prize Pack
The temps are rising, the pools are open, and the kids are squirming…that’s right, summer break is just around the corner (if it hasn’t started already)! How do you plan on bridging the learning gap during the summer months?
To help kids keep learning all summer long, PBS KIDS is offering families fun and educational tips and resources. PBS KIDS’ summer learning initiative will include themed programming on-air, online and on mobile, as well as partnership activities to support literacy.
On Friday, June 15, PBS KIDS premieres the SUPER WHY! Around the World Adventure, an on-air event featuring two new episodes of SUPER WHY! This new special is the cornerstone of PBS KIDS’ summer learning initiative, an effort to help kids continue building key literacy skills throughout summer vacation.
Select episodes and clips will also be featured on PBSKIDS.org/video and on the free PBS KIDS Video App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and games and activities will be available for kids at PBSKIDS.org/read and for parents at PBSPARENTS.org/read.
And it gets even better… PBS KIDS is partnering with iVillage to offer the iVillage PBS KIDS Summer Reading Community Challenge for the third year in a row. The challenge runs from June 18 to July 27 and features free literacy-building resources for parents and children, designed by the experts at PBS Parents and PBS KIDS. Daily activity assignments, delivered by email, will be provided by Challenge Coaches Angela Santomero, creator, executive producer and head writer of SUPER WHY!, and Jessica Wollman, vice president, Editorial Products & Digital Programming at Scholastic. The coaches will also answer parent questions and offer advice throughout the online event. Sign up for the Challenge today by visiting ivillage.com/pbs
Make sure to join us on June 14 as we chat with PBS KIDS about the importance of summer reading!
This week's giveaway is all about summer reading. Five lucky winners will receive a PBS KIDS Summer Reading prize pack (ARV: $50).
For a chance to win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets:
- Follow @PBSKIDS on Twitter.
- Like the PBS KIDS Facebook page.
- Answer the following question in the comment section below: How do you make reading fun for kids during the summer?
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward Join the @PBSKIDS #gno Twitter party 6/14 (9-10 ET) on #SummerReading http://bit.ly/Mo2a6c PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter for a chance to win a @PBSKIDS #SummerReading prize pack (5 Winners)! http://bit.ly/KDLNnL #gno RT
The following are extra entries that are completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed entry.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Friday, June 15. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Emotion Coaching: A New Way to Guide Very Young Children - February 24, 2017
- Meal Plan: Foods Full of Love in Celebration of Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2017
- Body Image: Positive Affirmations for Accepting and Loving Your Body - February 7, 2017