PBS KIDS: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Summer Learning
Fearing the “I’m bored” phrase during the summer months? With summer break right around the corner, you might be brainstorming and planning ways to keep the kids entertained until they go back to school in the fall. Instead of using TV and movies as “babysitters” for your kids, turn to reading to keep the kids entertained. Summer is for plenty of outdoor play and lots of reading in the shade!
The iVillage + PBS KIDS Summer Reading Community Challenge is designed to keep kids reading (and being read to) all summer long, which will help keep their little minds sharp and engaged throughout the summer months. Sure, it's natural for kids to forget some of what they’ve learned in school, but this challenge is aimed at preventing just that — 'summer slide.' The challenge will include:
- Daily assignment emails chock full of ideas for you and your kids
- Expert coaching from Angela Santomero, Creator and Executive Producer of Super Why
- 24/7 support in the iVillage and PBS KIDS community
- Book suggestions for kids of all ages
Not only that, the challenge will also provide guest coaches, interviews, free downloads of PBS KIDS shows, and a chance to win daily prizes. What’s not to love? The challenge begins on June 6, 2011 and there’s still time to sign up! Just visit The iVillage + PBS KIDS Summer Reading Community Challenge for more information.
Join PBS KIDS and iVillage as we discuss summer learning. The party will be held on Tuesday, May 24 from 9-11 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, May 24 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #PBSKIDS)
- Topic: Summer Learning
- Who: Brand Panelists: @pbskids @kateklimo @AngelaSanto @ericaperl @angelamatusik @kellywallacetv @theaumsmama @sharonmomof6, Community Panelists: @SeeryusMama @evolvingmommy @TimeOutMom, Moderators: @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.