PBS KIDS: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party on Educational Games on the Go
Schedules are busy and days are full of balancing work with family activities. Sometimes it’s difficult for families to take a breather from their hectic schedules. If your family is the on-the-go type, how do you fit learning into your busy schedules?
PBS KIDS added two new apps to their collection of educational mobile content, designed to help kids ages 3 to 5 build critical math skills. The apps, All Aboard the Dinosaur Train! for iPad and Dinosaur Train Camera Catch! for iPhone, recently launched on the App Store. They are based on the popular DINOSAUR TRAIN series produced by The Jim Henson Company,
These apps are part of a suite of DINOSAUR TRAIN games available on the PBS KIDS Lab website (PBSKIDS.org/lab). Combined with online and interactive whiteboard games, these new apps help build a learning experience for kids that take place across multiple platforms, all with the goal of accelerating learning.
In a first-of-its-kind collaboration, PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) are providing these two new apps at no cost to Head Start centers, local PBS stations, and other organizations in underserved communities nationwide. The apps will be downloaded onto devices that families have access to in local Head Start centers and other community organizations.
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for Wednesday, March 14 and join us as we chat about educational games on the go!
Join PBS KIDS and our panel of experts as we discuss educational games on the go. The party will be held on Wednesday, March 14 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, March 14 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #PBSKIDS)
- Topic: Educational Games on the Go
- Who: Brand Panelist: @PBSKIDS @dinosaurtrain @NatlHeadStart, Community Panelists: @peekababy @ColoScienceMom @CherylBudge @scrappinmichele @c2cmom, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.