Peko Peko Cookbook: Thursday #gno Twitter Party on Ethnic Cooking
The earthquake, one of the most powerful on recorded history, rocked Northeastern Honshu, the main island of Japan, and triggered a deadly tsunami. Close to 10,000 people lost their lives. Many more thousands are missing. And, still, the devastating after affects are felt with an ongoing nuclear crisis. The recovery effort in Japan will be enormous for years to come.
Peko Peko: A Charity Cookbook for Japan is a collection of nearly 50 family friendly Japanese and Japanese-inspired recipes published by Blurb, 100% of the profits of which will be donated to charity relief in Japan. A joint effort between brainchild Stacie Billis of One Hungry Mama, co-conspirators Rachael Hutchings of La Fuji Mama and Marc Matsumoto of No Recipes, and a team of contributors that includes some of the most influential food bloggers and cookbook authors of this time, Peko Peko is a celebration of the Japanese people, their food and culture.
While their number one goal is to raise as much money as possible for the children of Japan, the creative impetus behind Peko Peko is the belief that food is a common language that brings people together.
Join the creators and contributors of the Peko Peko: A Charity Cookbook for Japan and our panel of experts as we discuss ethnic cooking. The party will be held on Thursday, June 16 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, June 16 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #PekoPeko)
- Topic: Ethnic Cooking
- Who: Brand Panelist: @PekoPekoCharity, Community Panelists: @fujimama @bellalimento @TheNaptimeChef @debbieharry @MarlaMeridith, Moderators: @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.