Quaker: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Heart Health Awareness
Did your mom ever tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Did you ever moan and groan as you tried to stuff bite after bite of breakfast into your mouth? Well, she was right and I bet many of you are now telling your children this little fact. Eating a good and healthy breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day and helps get you started off on the right foot.
It can be hard to think about breakfast during the morning rush, but preparing a heart healthy meal can be as quick and easy as a bowl of whole grain Quaker oatmeal. No matter your age, following the three E’s – eating right, exercise and education—are key steps to taking care of your heart.
You’re never too young to start taking care of your heart and you’re never too old to be amazing. Quaker wants to help Americans understand that being amazing starts with taking care of your heart. During the month of February, in recognition of American Heart Month, Quaker is donating $1 to the American Heart Association for each of Quaker’s current Facebook fans as of February 1st and each new person who “likes” the Quaker Facebook page during the month of February (up to $250,000). These dollars will benefit the AHA's new program My Heart. My Life., which helps bring healthy cooking curriculums to afterschool organizations across the country. In addition, Quaker will donate $1, up to $125,000, for each new Facebook “like.” Visit www.Facebook.com/Quaker to find out how healthy your heart is using the Everyday Health Healthy-Heart Checkup Quiz, plus get recipes and expert tips to help you make the best nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle choices.
Join Quaker and our panel of experts as we discuss Heart Health Awareness. The party will be held on Tuesday, February 8 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, Ferbuary 8 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #Quaker)
- Topic: Heart Health Awareness
- Who: Brand Panelist: @QuakerOats, Community Panelists: @Tidymom @DineandDish @TwoPeasandPod @CarissaRogers @FoodforMyFamily, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Recipe: Very Berry Banana Muffins - July 26, 2016
- Balanced Diet: Six Healthy Alternatives to Theme Park Food - July 18, 2016
- Building Skills: 5 Photography Activities for Kids - July 7, 2016