Sanborn Western Camps: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Outdoor Play
One of the most important parts of childhood is the opportunity for unstructured, outdoor play. Regular outdoor play makes kids healthier, happier and smarter. The Children in Nature and play movements are gaining momentum with local outdoor play groups, governmental campaigns, raised awareness of Nature Deficit Disorder, and the renewed emphasis on outdoor experiences and recess as part of school.
Summer camps have long known the social, emotional, and intellectual benefits of time in the outdoors. Camp not only gives children the opportunity to play outside, a summer camp experience is one of the best ways to create authentic relationships, build community and respect, to realize that learning is fun, and to be physically active in a healthy, supportive environment.
Choosing a summer camp is a big decision for many parents. Even though there might still be some snow on the ground, now is a great time to start planning for your child’s summer camp experience. It is important that the selection of a camp accommodates all or some of the needs, interests, goals, and expectations of both parent and child. By doing this, you can ensure that your child will have a happy and healthy stay at a summer camp.
Join Sanborn Western Camps and our panel of experts as we discuss how to incorporate more outdoor play into your family’s busy schedule and how a summer camp experience benefits kids. The party will be held on Tuesday, January 24 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, January 24 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #SanbornCamps)
- Topic: Outdoor Play
- Who: Brand Panelist: @sanborncamps, Community Panelists: @banteringblonde @GoExploreNature @ACAcamps @ImaginationSoup @activekidsclub @slowfamily @ChildrenNature @windycitymomma @kaboom @hoo_dee_hoo, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.