“Smile While You Shake It” with Honey Bunches of Oats
Growing up, cereal was a treat at our house. You only got it on your birthday. Every February my box of Honey Bunches of Oats could be seen in mom's grocery cart in preparation for the big day — my birthday. My mom loved buying Honey Bunches of Oats because of its health and nutrition. I liked it because of the crunch and variety.
Now as a the buyer of my own cereal cravings, I can have cereal whenever I want. Lunch or dinner or even second breakfast which worked out perfectly when Mom It Forward partnered with Honey Bunches of Oats. The Bunch of Beats campaign is to celebrate starting your day off with a smile — "Smile While You Shake It". Getting up with a smile? Smiles are the best. And starting a busy day with a smile is far more desirable than one filled with grumpiness. I can feel a difference in the way I am when I wake with smile.
Gathering a few of our favorite social media savvy friends, we headed to our local antiques shop for a once in a lifetime opportunity — starring in our very own music video! And it was super simple and everyone was laughing as they showcased their best moves and watched their friend's moves.
Steps to Making Your Honey Bunches of Oats Music Video
- Log onto the Bunch of Beat website.
- Click the red "Record Yourself" Button.
- At this point you will be given the option to jump right in and record your video or watch a tutorial.
- Grab your favorite box of Honey Bunches of Oats - Michelle is partial to the Greek Yogurt. Good source of protein!
- Allow the site access to your computer's camera and microphone
- Press start.
- Grace the world with your best 'disco-footloose-party rock-moves" for 15 seconds
- Enter your information.
Not only have you made a video worthy of Hollywood but you have entered into the "Smile While You Shake It" Sweepstakes which means that every week until June 2014, a video will be selected and that video's owner will win $500. Who doesn't want to win $500? And it is so much fun to do!
There is something like dancing in a music video that bonds people together. And as we had so many guests, we were able to involve more than one person in the video. Watch out world, the Mom It Forward dancers are busy making beats.
What is your favorite box of Honey Bunches of Oats? Why?
Latest posts by Lindsey Petersen (see all)
- A Blogger’s Guide to Using Google Plus Effectively - April 29, 2014
- Easy Sharpie Pen Craft Project - March 25, 2014
- Keep Time and Style with a Wood Watch - February 13, 2014