Recipe: Ice Cream in a Bag
Homemade ice cream is not only delicious, but easy to make. If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can still get your ice cream fix. This Ice Cream in a Bag recipe is fun and easy to make. You should have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
Ice Cream in a Bag
- 2 small Ziploc bags
- 1 large Ziploc bag
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups crushed or cubed ice
- 6 TBSP salt
- Take the small Ziploc bag and add milk and sugar. For added flavor, add vanilla. Seal your Ziplock bag. Make sure you take out as much air as possibility out of the bag. Place this bag inside another Ziplock bag of the same size.
- Put 4 cups of curshed or cubed ice and salt in the large Ziplock bag. Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag. You can use any type of salt you want. You will not be actually be eating the salt. The salt is there to bring the liquid to a freezing temperature.
- Now comes the fun part. Shake the bag. Don't stop shaking for at least 5 minutes before you check the ice cream. If you need to put on gloves or wrap the bag in a thin dish towel that will also work.
- You will begin to feel your ice cream getting thicker after awhile. In about 8 minutes you should be able to have the correct thickness. It make take longer if you are doubling the recipe.
- Take out of the bag and serve with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is so easy to make that our family likes to make it when we go camping. It is a fun treat that doesn't take a lot of work.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- *Recipe adapted by Tablespoon.com
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- 16 Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Treats and Crafts - March 5, 2021
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 9, 2021
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - February 9, 2021