Stop Medicine Abuse: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
Raising kids to have character, no matter the situation they face, is a hard job and parents always worry about if they are doing it right. Many teens face peer pressure to join in activities promoting the abuse of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Teens are abusing these type of medications due to their affordability and ease of access, after all many of these drugs are stored in your family’s medicine cabinet.
Stop Medicine Abuse stresses the importance having frequent conversations with your kids about the dangers of using cough medicines to get high. When taken in large quantities dextromethorphan, an active ingredient in OTC cough medicines results in a “high”. Vomiting, stomach pain, slurred speech, and impaired physical coordination are only a few of the side effects that happen as a result of DXM abuse.
Take a look at the warning signs identified by Stop Medicine Abuse:
- Listen to the language your kids use. DXM is often referred to as skittling, tussin, robo-tripping, CCC, triple Cs, and dexing
- Empty cough medicine bottles/boxes in the trash of your child’s room, backpack, or school locker
- Loss of interest in hobbies or favorite activities
- Changes in friends, physical appearance, sleeping, or eating patterns
- Declining grades
The first step in preventing this abuse is to EDUCATE yourself and your family.
Join Stop Medicine Abuse, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about raising kids with character and raise awareness for stopping medicine abuse in teens. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 1 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 1 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #NotMyTeen
- Topic: Kids With Character
- Who: Brand Panelist: @StopMedAbuse @Dipaolamomma Community Panelists: @Ericabuteau @DonnaChaffins @freesamplemomma @WeeShare @ellenblogs @turningclockbac Moderator(s): @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Meal Plan: Perfect Picnic Sandwiches - July 11, 2017
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - May 30, 2017
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - May 24, 2017